Book Donation Info
What Can I Donate?
- Fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books — hard and soft cover
- Vinyl records
- Audio books on CD or cassette
- College Textbooks - 2012 and newer
- Readers Digest - 2006 and newer
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- VHS tapes
- Music cassettes
- Magazines (including National Geographic, Cooking Magazines, etc.)
- Elementary, Middle and/or High School Textbooks
- Computer books before 2012
- Religion books before 2006
- Business books before 2006
**Bring your classics and well- loved books, but no mold or water damage, please. We encourage you NOT to deliver your book donations in rainy weather. Once a book gets wet, water damage occurs and the book loses its value. We want to make your donations count!
How Can I Get My Donations To You?
We accept books year around at McAlister Square in Greenville | 225 S. Pleasantburg Dr. We have an unloading area in the back of the building where we can bring a cart out to unload your vehicle and provide you with a receipt for tax purposes. If you have a large quantity of books, we would like you to call ahead (864-467-3456) to make sure we have sufficient volunteers and staff to help.
Directions to the Unloading Area:
Turn into McAlister Square using the entrance on S. Pleasantburg Dr nearest the Publix. Continue straight past the Greenville Technical College registration building, then turn left and proceed straight behind McAlister Square. You will see a black canopy with "SC Works" on it. Park at the curb and call our main number: 864-467-3456 to let us know you are there.
I Have More Questions
Please contact our main office at (864) 467-3456 or contact us online if you have questions that haven't been answered here.