What Can I Donate?
We appreciate our book donors! However, we must reserve the right to refuse donations due to storage limitations, recycling fees, and/or condition of donated books. If you question whether your books will be a good fit for us, call us before you make the trip (864-467-3456) and we'll chat.
We are not able to accept your book donations in rainy weather. Once a book gets wet, water damage occurs and the book loses its value. We want to make your donations count!
If you have a large quantity of books (a truckload or more), please call ahead (864-467-3456) to make sure we have sufficient volunteers and staff to help.
- Fiction, non-fiction, and children’s books — hard and soft cover
- Vinyl records
- Audio books on CD
- College Textbooks - 2013 and newer
- Readers Digest - 2013 and newer
We DO NOT ACCEPT:
- Water damaged, moldy/mildewy or warped books
- Books with binding damage (e.g. spine is barely hanging on)
- VHS tapes
- Audio books on cassette
- Music on cassette
- Magazines (including National Geographic, Cooking Magazines, etc.)
- Computer books before 2013
- Religion books before 2006
- Business books before 2006
- No Church Library Non-Fiction
Where do I donate my books?
We accept books September 1-July 31, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm at McAlister Square in Greenville, 225 S. Pleasantburg Dr. We have an unloading area in the back of the building where we can bring a cart out to unload your vehicle and provide you with a receipt for tax purposes.
Directions to the Unloading Area:
Turn into McAlister Square using the entrance on S. Pleasantburg Dr nearest the Publix. Continue straight past the Greenville Technical College registration building, then turn left and proceed straight behind McAlister Square. Park at the curb where the abandoned Belk building and McAlister Square meet and call our main number (864-467-3456) to let us know you are there.
Please contact our main office at (864) 467-3456 or contact us online if you have questions that haven't been answered here.