How To Help
- Donation Wish List - Check our Wish List regularly for possibilities for in-kind donations such as student supplies.
- Book Sale - Volunteer for The Really Good, Really Big, Really Cheap Book Sale
- Sponsorship - Contact us to learn more about corporate sponsorship.
- GLA Events - Click to learn more about our exciting events!
Selected titles are available year-round at our Amazon store. Click the banner to browse our selection!
How To Donate Funds
Greenville Literacy Association is PayPal verified. We use the secure PayPal website to accept online donations. To donate via PayPal, click on the Donate button below. We also accept donations directly and securely through our website, where you can choose to designate your gift, give in someone's memory, or sign up for monthly automatic draft giving.
What Your Contribution Can Provide
- Operational funding for GLA's learning centers
- $80 will cover a scholarship for one student's fees for a year
- $150 will pay for one student to take the GED test
- $750 will fund the entire cost of educating one student for one year
- $930 will buy 15 subscriptions to "News for You" - a current events newspaper created specifically for low literacy adults
- $4999 will buy GED software seats for independent study to augment the classroom experience. These seats can be used by 25 students at a time, but in total, many more than 25 can make use of this new learning tool.
Greenville Literacy Association always needs new volunteers. Flexible volunteer opportunities are available to teach reading, writing, math, computer skills, Pre-GED (Social Studies, Science), and English as a Second Language to adult students. We could not possibly provide the services we do without our community’s generous giving of itself as volunteers. In addition to tutoring, we receive countless hours in donated time for the annual Book Sale, sending out mailings and performing general office tasks. Please consider spending some time with us. Every minute helps. See below for volunteer opportunities.
Adult Basic Education (ABE) Volunteer Tutor
Teach reading, writing, math, computer skills, or Pre-GED (Social Studies, Science) to small groups or individuals.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Volunteer Tutor
Teach English to non-native speakers in small groups.
Computer Lab Volunteer
Assist students working on instructional software in the computer lab.
Special Projects Volunteer
Help with mailings, fundraisers, or clerical tasks.